Tetra Edron Tent
The triangle sides must not be regular, so that many variants are possible.
For this tent we need one or too tarpins as ground sheet and roof, one to 6 rods, some ropes and herrings.
If we have a tree we can attach one side of a single rod to it and the other side with a herring to the ground.
If we use all six rods our tent can be the most stable on many surfaces or even hanging in a tree like a hammock.
One side can be left open.
- tetra edrons with 4 faces, 4 vertices and 4 edges
- cubes with 6 faces, 8 vertices and 8 edges
- octa edrons with 8 faces, 6 vertices and 12 edges
- dodeka edrons with 12 faces, 20 vertices and 30 edges
- icosa edrons with 20 faces, 12 vertices and 30 edges.
Pieces of heavy leather or textile can protect the tarpins from the vertice ring joints.
The rods may be from
- metal pipes
- carbon fibre
and in one or more pieces, which can easily put together.